Google maps not working properly

audid

Nov 12, 2017
Visit site
Hello all,

Been having issues with Google Maps for the past month or so. The navigation picks up my location but does not give turn by turn direction with arrow - as it should. Here's an example: https://youtu.be/MEycb-s8XYc

I've tried everything I can, even changed sim card thinking the internet is slow and rebooted my phone still no luck. I have a Samsung s6 +.
I've also tried my friends phones and work phone (2 Samsung and 1 moto) still same issue. I've tried my partners phone on the iPhone and it seems fine. Can someone please let me know if they have more details, this is literally driving me mad. Thanks all.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
I can't read whatever language your Maps is using, but when I tap the 3 dots (the menu) I have an item that says "Mute voice guidance". Make sure you don't have that turned on.

TheGoofster

Jul 4, 2018
Visit site
I have a tab E that I use exclusively for Nav purposes and it has been driving me crazy sense the update. It will work for a short period but then say locating GPS signal, yet it is tracking me on the map. I have swapped tablets completely, same issue, factory reset, same issue, I even got an external Reciver, same issue. Any help would be great.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! I assume you mean the Redmi Note 5 Pro, not the Galaxy Note5.

Can you be more specific about how the map is not working properly?