Hi

I have a samsung s8 running Android 7.0 and samsung experience 8.1. I have installed google calendar and would like to use this as my only calendar. I have several google accounts on the phone.

In the samsung calendar I go to 'manage calendars' and turn off all the calendar accounts. In google calendar I make sure all the calendar accounts are turned on. This works as I would expect, when I open the samsung calendar, there are no entries, when I open the google calendar, I can see entries from all my account.

Some way, some how, the calendars keep getting switched on in the samsung calendar app and turned off in the google calendar app. This happens sporadically but probably a couple of times a week. Its like the samsung calendar app is stealing the accounts back from google calendar app.

I suspect this could be due to notifications or software updates or some other trigger but it is incredibly annoying.

Is there a way that I can stop this happening. Ideally I would like to uninstall the Samsung calendar app, I can't see a way to do that.

Alternatively I would like to delete the google accounts from within the Samsung calendar app.

Failing that I would like to explicitly tell android to default to google and never use Samsung calendar app.

Or any other way I can stop the Samsung calendar app, stealing the calendar accounts. I cannot see an easy way of achieving any of this but it is incredibly frustrating to the point where I would consider leaving Samsung out of principle.

Thank you in advance

Ben
    11-14-2017 05:07 PM
    Hi

I have a samsung s8 running Android 7.0 and samsung experience 8.1. I have installed google calendar and would like to use this as my only calendar. I have several google accounts on the phone.

In the samsung calendar I go to 'manage calendars' and turn off all the calendar accounts. In google calendar I make sure all the calendar accounts are turned on. This works as I would expect, when I open the samsung calendar, there are no entries, when I open the google calendar, I can see entries from all my account.

Some way, some how, the calendars keep getting switched on in the samsung calendar app and turned off in the google calendar app. This happens sporadically but probably a couple of times a week. Its like the samsung calendar app is stealing the accounts back from google calendar app.

I suspect this could be due to notifications or software updates or some other trigger but it is incredibly annoying.

Is there a way that I can stop this happening. Ideally I would like to uninstall the Samsung calendar app, I can't see a way to do that.

Alternatively I would like to delete the google accounts from within the Samsung calendar app.

Failing that I would like to explicitly tell android to default to google and never use Samsung calendar app.

Or any other way I can stop the Samsung calendar app, stealing the calendar accounts. I cannot see an easy way of achieving any of this but it is incredibly frustrating to the point where I would consider leaving Samsung out of principle.

Thank you in advance

Ben
    What's the problem in setting both calendars to use all accounts? You can use only Google calendar and still have the other in the background and forget that it's there.
    Norg likes this.
    11-14-2017 05:12 PM