I just finished my contract with verizon. Was wanting to know, how i can tell if my phone is unlocked. Want to go to straight talk.
    11-16-2017 09:44 AM
    Verizon (and Sprint) S5s were usually unlocked. The problem is that Sprint won't allow a non-Sprint phone on their network, and you may be missing some data bands for AT&T or T-Mobile.

(The way to tell is to just stick another carrier's SIM card into the phone. If it asks for an unlock code, it's not unlocked. If it doesn't complain, it is.) Keep paying Verizon even though the contract is over (they'll gladly take your money for another month) until you find out whether it's unlocked, because if it's not, it has to still be with Verizon to get the unlock code from them.)
    11-16-2017 12:05 PM
    Verizon (and Sprint) S5s were usually unlocked. The problem is that Sprint won't allow a non-Sprint phone on their network, and you may be missing some data bands for AT&T or T-Mobile.

(The way to tell is to just stick another carrier's SIM card into the phone. If it asks for an unlock code, it's not unlocked. If it doesn't complain, it is.) Keep paying Verizon even though the contract is over (they'll gladly take your money for another month) until you find out whether it's unlocked, because if it's not, it has to still be with Verizon to get the unlock code from them.)
    11-16-2017 12:06 PM