What is your music player of choice?

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

Just looking for a simple interface to play local music files stored on my SD card.
Would be nice to have options to control music player using keyboard, but not an absolute must.
+Shuffle
+Display tag information
Thanks for any and all suggestions! ☺

ManiacJoe

Trusted Member
Aug 5, 2015
Visit site
I use the default music player that came with my LG G30. I don't care about tag info or shuffle or the like, I just want the music to sound OK.

If I am on my computer, I will play the music stored on it for the much better speaker system.

From your description, "simple" is not what you are looking for.

coffee-turtle

Q&A Team
Jan 6, 2012
Visit site
I use the default music player that came with my LG G30. I don't care about tag info or shuffle or the like, I just want the music to sound OK.

If I am on my computer, I will play the music stored on it for the much better speaker system.

From your description, "simple" is not what you are looking for.

Sounds good ManiacJoe. True, your needs are more simplistic than mine, but shuffly and tag display (title of song, album) really are pretty basic.

Not looking for the sound to be anything special like bass boost, equalizer, etc. This might be beyond basic.

I don't think the default built-in LG V30 player is available though on the Play Store. I don't have an LG.

ManiacJoe

Trusted Member
Aug 5, 2015
Visit site
True, the player I have on my LG is not available on the Play Store. There is also not enough metadata available to ID who actually wrote it.

I am familiar with the names of some of the Big-Name music players, but I have not used any of them. If you do a Google search for "top 10 android music players", the same names tend to keep coming up.

chanchan05

Q&A Team
Nov 22, 2014
Visit site
Personally I like Samsung's Music Player. Simple, does the embedded tags and lyrics if any, has folder sort option, and sounds good. Not as good as Poweramp with its software equalizer and amps, but with the built in equalizer, UHQ, and Adapt Sound in the phone, it's pretty great since it's free and Poweramp is paid. I did already buy Poweramp years ago though but it's UI isn't really keeping with the times IMO.

Nov 17, 2017
Visit site
I am recognizable with the names of some of the Big-Name music company, but I have not used any of them. If you do a Google look for for "top 10 android music players", the same names tend to keep approaching up

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jm_rookie2