Will factory reset still work if phone dies

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

I accidentally selected to do a factory reset on my phone when I was attempting to do a soft reset as my screen was black. But, my phone died during the factory reset. Will the reset still take place if I charge my phone, or cancel it? I'm hoping it does not factory reset - any way i can prevent this?

A

Android Central Question

I accidentally selected to do a factory reset on my phone when I was attempting to do a soft reset as my screen was black. But, my phone died during the factory reset. Will the reset still take place if I charge my phone, or cancel it? I'm hoping it does not factory reset - any way i can prevent this?

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
If it failed before it reset, it won't reset if you charge it and turn it on. If it already reset before it failed, it's reset.

But why were you in any place you could do a factory reset if you wanted to do a "soft reset"? That's just turning the phone off, then turning it on, or restarting it.

(If it won't turn on, leave the charger plugged in for at least 4 hours before trying to turn it on - then leave it on while turning it on - until you can get to your home screen to see whether it's at 100%. If it's not, leave it plugged in until it is, then for half an hour more.)

Famii Bee

Nov 17, 2017
Visit site
If it failed before it reset, it won't reset if you charge it and turn it on. If it already reset before it failed, it's reset.

But why were you in any place you could do a factory reset if you wanted to do a "soft reset"? That's just turning the phone off, then turning it on, or restarting it.

(If it won't turn on, leave the charger plugged in for at least 4 hours before trying to turn it on - then leave it on while turning it on - until you can get to your home screen to see whether it's at 100%. If it's not, leave it plugged in until it is, then for half an hour more.)

The screen it last showed was turquoise screen which said 'downloading' before it died. I was in the setting which allowed the option to factory reset because my phone stopped working and the only way to get it to respond was by holding all the buttons down.

thanks for your help, I'm hoping it works... charging it up now and hoping for the best - it's charging so far...

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
If it already started it, there's no going back. What's more, having 'cancelled' the reset mid-process might have damaged files or have botched the installation, so you might still have to factory-reset the phone anyway.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy