How do I make my weather widget re-appear?

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

I recently updated all of my apps and now my weather widget keeps disappearing. I have gone in and re-added the widget to my homepage, and then when I go in the setting of said widget, it shows that my original one still exists somewhere, unknown to me as visually it doesn't. Also, every time I re-add the widget to my homepage, I lock my phone, or go use other apps, or play a game, or check my email, all different things.....and every time I go back to my homepage, the weather widget has magically disappeared again!! I believe it may be from the latest Google Play update but I haven't a clue anymore. I tired multiple things I found online, such as clearing the cache and data for the app, checking to see if it shows up in the TouchWiz easy mode (which it does), checking my other screens on my phone to see if it moved.....I don't want to factory reset, I have way too much crap on my phone that I don't want to deal with re-downloading, arranging and all of that headache. Anyone have a different recommendation or a solution that doesn't involve factory reset, readding the widget to my homepage, and cache/data clearing? Those are literally the only solutions I have found aside from "wait for the next update"........help

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Which phone? Is this the stock Samsung weather widget, or a 3rd party one?

One option (which still requires a little work afterwards) would be to go to the App Manager, tap Menu>Show System, select TouchWiz (or whatever the Samsung launcher is called), and Clear Cache/Clear Data. This isn't a factory reset, so you won't have to reinstall apps; however, it will wipe your homescreens, and you'll have to set them back up again.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
I had a problem with one weather widget because I tried to put the widget on the home screen before I had set the app it's a widget for to a location. Try running the app first, and set it up. Then try every home screen first (most phones come with at least 2 - scroll left or right) to make sure the widget isn't where you aren't looking. If it's still not anywhere, try touching every possible app location that has nothing in it, to see if the weather widget is in there.

If not, and the widget is part of an app (many weather apps come with widgets), uninstall the app (which will uninstall the widget). (I'd back the app up first, using App Backup & Restore, so I'd have an .apk file to reinstall it.) Then reinstall it, set it up, then try adding the widget.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ParkerAdams