Hi,

I had an htc one m9 before but it broke. (I'm not buying htc again)

I decided to replace it with a pixel 2 xl. It is an amazing phone but the blue hue issue is driving me crazy. If I don't hold my phone between a 80-100 degrees angle it turns blue. So in something like a bus where my phone shakes a little it becomes seizure inducing. Therefore I m forced to return it tomorrow.

What I really care in a phone:

- Camera : They could even remove it. The only pictures I take are teachers notes from the blackboard

- Gaming : I don' t game at all on my phone not even candy crush.

+ Battery: I browse the internet a few hours a day. So it is pretty important.

+ Screen: It doesn't have to be the best ever but I want to be able to look at it without any eye strain

+ Sound : That one is the most important for me, because I watch a lot of YouTube on it. I would really like a phone with front facing speakers, but I can't really find that many.

Phones that I considered ( any other suggestion is welcomed):

Axon 7 : One of the few that has front facing speakers, but it is 500$ cad for an 1 years old phone and from what I read the ui could be better.

OnePlus 5t: I really like the 18:9 ratio and it is a beast spec wise, but it lacks front facing speakers. 600$ cad

Moto G5 plus and a few Bluetooth speakers: it is cheaper 320$ cad.

A really cheap phone (100-200$) and a decent tablet for videos at home.

Pixel 2 (non xl version): the screen doesn't have any problems, but the phone lacks the 18:9 ratio and it costs 900$ cad.

I not really sold on any of the high-end flag ships because if am paying 1k I want it to be really good and the pixel was the only one with front facing speakers.

Thank You
    11-19-2017 07:35 PM
    Welcome to Android Central! Have you thought about the original Pixel XL? Only a mono speaker firing from the bottom of the phone, but I remember it being pretty good quality. The rest of the phone is still great, and you can likely find it for a good price now that the Pixel 2 line is out.

The Alcatel Idol 4S is a year old, but seems to hit the important points for you: https://www.theverge.com/2016/7/21/1...one-android-vr

The Xperia Z5 is also another to consider.
    11-20-2017 01:34 AM
    Also saw this -- the Idol 5S (which also has front-facing speakers) is down to $200: Alcatel Idol 5S down to $200, A30 to $60 from Thanksgiving | Pocketnow
    11-21-2017 01:44 AM