I am unable to hide the main system app icon that appears on the main screen it is the one you tap on and it shows you all the apps on the phone. You can't. Move it to a app hider how do I hide it so it can't be accessed by my grandparents. We got him the smart phone. Because the phone speaker system is better than his old flip phone
    11-20-2017 01:52 AM
    Welcome to Android Central! The App Drawer button is a standard part of most Android launchers. You could install a 3rd party launcher like Nova Launcher, which allows you to remove the App Drawer button (and instead bring up the App Drawer with a swipe gesture -- that's what I do).
    11-20-2017 10:59 AM
    On some launchers (that's the home screens, among other things) you can't remove the app drawer icon (the one you're talking about). If you can't long-press it, then move it off the dock (the bottom bar) to the home screen, then long-press it and delete it, you'll have to change launchers. (Nova Launcher allows you to, and it also allows you to put the Nova Settings icon on the home screen, so you can get back in there and add an up-swipe to get to the app drawer if you should want to do so later, for some reason.)
    11-20-2017 11:00 AM