Okay first let me explain that my phone was going bezerk, it would do things and I didnt understand why. Keep in mind that I bought a "generic" battery and started to think it was a battery issue. I had thought about buying a new phone but then after a lot of thought, I figured I'd better see if the problem is actually the battery or is it a short in my phone somewhere? Well while I was waiting and bored (the start of my problem!) I decided to do the power/volume/ and home screen. That brought up the rebooting screen or whatever it is. I seen an entry with, "update using ADB. Well i did this and lost everything. I am so frustrated because it appears all the files are still on the phone seem to be there - I seen files with titles of my games listed on this screen, so that tells me all is not lost AND i had a backup onto google but i cannot figure out how to use it. My phone appears to be "factory" restored but I'm not positive. I have tried to root my phone, only to receive an error message that it failed. Anyway to undo this? Anyone know how (step-by-step)? I figure it was the battery and I'm so angry with myself for even trying this. Help?
    11-20-2017 02:07 AM
    Put the same Google account in the phone as was there when it backed up, and it should restore apps. Files are another thing - if you don't have them backed up locally, they're not backed up. (If an app [or game - same thing, a game is an app] file is there, but not installed, it can't be run.)
    11-20-2017 01:54 PM