I just noticed today that my mom tried to call me and I don't hear the phone ringing so it goes to voicemail. I've been searching for the problem online for hours and while some would say to turn off do not disturb, it's already turned off. I am also having this problem calling people. My phone would say could not get connected when calling someone and I have to dial again and then it works. I am not why this is happening just now unless the update I downloaded to my xiaomi redmi 4a bugged my phone or something. I try to do a factory reset twice phone and take out the sim card, but neither worked.
    11-20-2017 06:06 AM
    well my smartphone is already update to that so that can't be true unless an update did something to my phone.
    11-20-2017 06:47 AM
    Welcome to Android Central! Does this still happen in Safe Mode as well? https://www.quora.com/How-do-I-go-in...-on-Mi-devices
    11-20-2017 10:12 AM
    can't watch the vid atm but I can't understand what the second guy is saying.
    11-20-2017 11:20 AM
    Don't bother with the video -- there are written steps further down on the page.
    11-20-2017 11:30 AM
    If it still happens in safe mode, the chances are that you have a weak cellular signal. That could be something temporary that your carrier is working on. Contact them (go to the store, with your phone, if you can, so you and they can see if it still happens at the store's location.)
    11-20-2017 01:40 PM
    Don't bother with the video -- there are written steps further down on the page.
    yeah I meant that one. I don't understand what he meant a long press. I can hold it down, but nothing about safe mode shows up
    11-20-2017 02:51 PM
    Typically, when the phone is on and you press and hold the Power button for more than a second or so, you'll see a Power Off menu, which usually has options like Power Off, Restart, etc. Press and hold your finger on the Power Off option for about 2-3 seconds -- that usually brings up a prompt asking you if you want to reboot into Safe Mode.

If that doesn't work, have you tried the 2nd method listed?
    11-20-2017 07:09 PM
    you mean the one asking to download the reboot from the googe store? yeah I tried that but it's saying it has to be rooted. But if you meant if I should call up my tracfone carrier, then I already did that and they said they couldn't find any issues. Signal is fine
    11-20-2017 09:46 PM
    I'm not sure where you're seeing anything about "downloading the reboot from the Google store," and Safe Mode does not require root. What happens when you try either Method 1 or Method 2 for booting into Safe Mode?
    11-21-2017 09:47 AM
    pressing the power off on the screen doesn't work as the safe mode message doesn't show up even if hold my thumb on it for a few seconds.
    for method two, i am not sure how to tell if i am in safe mode even when I did it.
    11-21-2017 02:37 PM
    Hmm, interesting -- this thread mentions that Xiaomi got rid of Safe Mode starting with MIUI 5, for unclear reasons: How to boot into Safe Mode on Redmi ?. This thread confirms it: [Ask] How to enter safe mode at Xiaomi Redmi 4A? (my handheld is not root yet) - Redmi 4A - Xiaomi MIUI Official Forum. Sorry to mislead you!

Have you already tried asking your carrier for a replacement SIM card?
    11-21-2017 03:06 PM
    i might try that. I still think the latest update did something to my phone. But I'm not 100 percent accurate. And even it did, I would know how to go back to previous update.

edit: not sure if this is related but when i go to my sim status on my smartphone, it says mobile network state disconnected.
    11-21-2017 03:14 PM
    im still having problem and tracphone really isn't helping me either. They keep asking me to get an alternative phone and i keep telling them I don't have one so they refuse to help. All I ask is to give me a new sim card and they wouldn't do unless they go over the troubleshooting problems with me first. So damn frustrating I can't get this solve. Computer troubleshooting is much easier then this.
    11-29-2017 11:32 AM
    Call them again and ask to speak to a supervisor, Ask the supervisor for a level 3 support supervisor. (Level 1 support is for "you pressed the wrong button" kind of stuff, they're not technical people.)

If you can't get through that way, try their Facebook page - those people seem to know more.

(As far as I know, Tracfone doesn't do updates, so it probably came from the manufacturer and, depending on the manufacturer, you might be able to get the phone replaced (if it was the update that caused the problem, it's a liability issue their liability). Whatever you do, don't flash the previous version (which is the only way to go back to the previous firmware - then it becomes your liability).
    11-29-2017 12:09 PM
    i'll try that not sure if it works since it looks like Tracfone outces to India, but I'll try it.
    11-29-2017 02:04 PM