I installed LineageOS 14 on my Moto G4 months ago with TWRP and I've never had any issues until today. Literally, just updated to a new nightly build for LineageOS and my phone screen went black and didn't turn back on. I plugged it into my computer and it showed up as QHSUSB_BULK. Obviously, at this point, my device was hard bricked but I found a way online of using Qualcomm's recovery thing they have to get my phone working again, which I did. But now, I've sorta ended up soft bricking the device now.

The device boots up into the bootloader (or what I think is the bootloader). What comes up is just white text at the bottom which basically just tells me information about my phone (product/variant, serial number, CPU, eMMC, DRAM etc.) The menu for the bootloader is just one string of text that only reads 'Start' and when I press the volume buttons, it will show up with more options but they're all highlighted in red and they all lead to the same error message, as follows:

Bootloader logs

Start Up Failed:

Your device didn't start up successfully.
    Use the Software Repair Assistant on computer
    to repair your device.
    Connect your device to your computer to get
    the Software Repair Assistant.

I've looked around Google for the Software Repair Assistant and it appears to only be for Verizon Wireless and since I'm in the United Kingdom, Verizon Wireless doesn't even exist over here, nor do I even have them as my phone carrier. I'm with O2.

Also, I've tried a few things with Minimal ADB and Fastboot but every time I enter a command, it fails and say's 'FAILED (remote failure). My phone is detected in Fastboot, but not in ADB.

Hopefully, I can get this fixed.

Thanks,
    Gabriel.
    11-20-2017 05:52 PM