So i just installed the Facebook Messenger app on my new LG G6 and tried to send a video to my dad. When i click on the video and click send it tells me "Video to Big. At least one video is to big. Please resize and try again". The video is only 14 seconds and ive had no trouble sending videos over 2 minutes in Messenger on my previous phones!
    Anybody have a solution? Thanks
    11-25-2017 12:29 AM
    So i just installed the Facebook Messenger app on my new LG G6 and tried to send a video to my dad. When i click on the video and click send it tells me "Video to Big. At least one video is to big. Please resize and try again". The video is only 14 seconds and ive had no trouble sending videos over 2 minutes in Messenger on my previous phones!
    Anybody have a solution? Thanks
    Hey there, Welcome to AndroidCentral ๐Ÿ˜ƒ and thanks for the question.

The last time I checked, Facebook doesn't mind how long the video is. They only care about the size. So just make sure the video is UNDER 25mb in size and you should be good to go.

Hope this helps.
    11-25-2017 02:58 AM
    What was the old phone?

Same issue with wifi and mobile data?

Are you recording video at a higher resolution?
    11-25-2017 03:58 AM
    The old phone was a Motorola moto G2, and the other one was a cheapo vodaphone branded decice. Both phones had no trouble sending videos in Messenger with big file sizes. I sent one around 200mb a few weeks ago.

I only tried sending via wifi as the files are big. I suppose i should try using mobile data too.

The files are from my lumix camera. They are big files that i send using wifi to an app on my phone. Then in the past ive been able to send them to relatives at home (im traveling) using Messenger. But not with the new phone.... ๐Ÿ˜ž
    11-25-2017 07:31 PM
    It's not your wifi that's limiting you, but it might be Facebook Messenger, and that app doesn't know which way you're getting to the internet.

But Facebook has never been known as a great software house (the idea is good, the server code is good, but the apps leave a lot to be desired), so "if you hear hoofbeats" - in this case the horses are Facebook Messenger.
    Kashan Mustafa likes this.
    11-26-2017 11:40 AM
    Ok, thanks for the help.
    11-26-2017 11:42 PM
    Why can not my new phone send videos in massanger?
    04-02-2018 04:29 AM
    The old phone was a Motorola moto G2, and the other one was a cheapo vodaphone branded decice. Both phones had no trouble sending videos in Messenger with big file sizes. I sent one around 200mb a few weeks ago.

I only tried sending via wifi as the files are big. I suppose i should try using mobile data too.

The files are from my lumix camera. They are big files that i send using wifi to an app on my phone. Then in the past ive been able to send them to relatives at home (im traveling) using Messenger. But not with the new phone.... ๐Ÿ˜ž
    That's because those older phones where lower resolution and weren't using that much data
    02-18-2019 01:10 AM