I've slow charge and battery drain on Xperia XZ1 and don't know why?

light0092

Nov 26, 2017
Visit site
I bought a XZ1 6 days ago, I’ve battery charge and drain issues…
I downloaded an app called AccuBattery to keep an eye on charge times and drain times and those are the general results.

For example, with a quick charger, to charge the battery 40% takes 2 hours.
When not using the phone(idle) the battery drains an average of 2.5% hour or more.

I’ll provide any information that is needed, just tell me what’s needed, and I’ll provide it…

Things I’ve tried: A new sim-card for the phone… installing the AccuBattery app but I’m not sure what to look for other than the stats that show charge time and drain in the history tab.

chanchan05

Q&A Team
Nov 22, 2014
Visit site
The drain could be fine depending on setup. My setup drains the battery by at least 3% per hour and could go up to 10% per hour depending on what I'm running. I know it isn't faulty because when I give my phones to my mom they suddenly last 2 days on a single charge with her setup.

The charger is a bit more problematic. Do you have a different charger you can test?

light0092

Nov 26, 2017
Visit site
Would you believe it normal for Facebook Messenger, Skype, Spotify and OneDrive/Word to be enough to drain the phone? I installed those. If it's normal then I suppose I can put up with it. Just confused as my Z5 doesn't drain as much.

I have the original charger that came in the box, and a quick charger I bought from the store. Both chargers take a very long time to charge the phone.

chanchan05

Q&A Team
Nov 22, 2014
Visit site
I can't say. I have all of those except Skype and mobile data always on, and more apps that run in the background still. My battery drain drops to less than 1% per hour with data off.

I'd try a different charger still from those that you have. If that still doesn't work, a factory reset to see if it charges faster. If still no, I'd get a replacement.

light0092

Nov 26, 2017
Visit site
I tried another charger to no luck, I did a factory reset and it didn't resolve the charging issue, so I brought the phone back to the store and it was replaced with a new phone, apparently a fault. There is no charging issue with this replacement phone :)

However with the replacement phone the battery drained at above 4.0% per hour on idle during night with same apps but I had a android update which was the only difference. So, I went to a phone repair shop for advice, they did "reset apps preferences", and installed greenify and enabled aggressive doze with apps in a white list thing. And data saver is on with a setting that apps ignore the saver, like Skype and Facebook Messenger. Whatever these things did/do, according to the battery monitor, it's draining around 5-6% only over night in total :)

I'm just mentioning this in case it can help others with the battery drain issue. Also thanks for the responses on this topic.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dominic Haar