Locked out of my Samsung tablet E. It has an arrow pattern which I don't remember. But then it asks for a pin, which I do. This wasn't a problem cause I could unlock when prompted for the pin. However after the last update, it asks to try again after 1440 minutes! Before it would let you try pin after 30 seconds. I don't want to lose the data.

Any suggestions?

Please help!

Thank you
    11-28-2017 11:37 AM
    Welcome to Android Central! That's a little odd, because a backup PIN is usually just for when you also use the fingerprint sensor. An unlock pattern is its own thing, and usually doesn't let you use a backup PIN if you forget it.

Try using Samsung's Find My Mobile to remotely change your password: https://findmymobile.samsung.com/
    11-28-2017 04:35 PM
    Welcome to Android Central! That's a little odd, because a backup PIN is usually just for when you also use the fingerprint sensor. An unlock pattern is its own thing, and usually doesn't let you use a backup PIN if you forget it.

Try using Samsung's Find My Mobile to remotely change your password: https://findmymobile.samsung.com/
    I just want to say a huge thank you for this advice, I had the same problem with my device, I followed your instructions and not only did it unlock my tablet and get rid of the silly directional swipe thingy my tablet also mysteriously found 3.2 gigs of storage space - I love the updates too, my tablet is running so much better now in fact it feels like it did when I first got it three years ago. Thanks again.
    B. Diddy likes this.
    02-14-2018 05:37 AM