I have a Samsung Galaxy S7 Active and am unable to assign individual ringtones to my contacts. Under the "Edit" option in my contact's menu there is no option for ringtones, as so many Forums and Help articles suggest. I'm only given the option to edit the Name, Phone Number or E-mail.
    11-28-2017 11:24 PM
    Welcome to Android Central! I assume you're using the stock Contacts app from Samsung, and not a 3rd party contacts app, correct? If you're in the Edit screen, is there a "More" option at the bottom, as shown here? Galaxy S7 - How can I assign different ringtones to different contacts on my Samsung Galaxy S7?

What if you tap the More button instead of the Edit button at the upper right of the individual contact screen? What options do you get there?
    11-29-2017 03:29 AM
    hi,

That solution doesn't work for my brand new Samsung Xcover 4. I've been able to import my contacts from my old Motorola Defy +, somehow. BUT there is no EDIT ringtones for individual contacts option. When in Contacts app I can see the EDIT button & "3 vertical dots" button at the top right of the screen. There is no MORE button. Clicking on the "3 vertical dots" after choosing a contact to edit gives me "Groups, Delete Share & Settings" options only. I can "edit" the contact via the phone app. BUT this only shows "Name, Phone & Email" details, for each of the contacts phone numbers held on the Sim Card. With no way that I can find to change other details.

Clicking on the 3 vertical dots at the top right of the screen, via the phone app, gives me "Delete, Manage linked contacts, Set as default, Move to Secure Folder, Share & Block contact" options.
    05-14-2018 11:22 PM
    Welcome to Android Central! I assume you're using the stock Contacts app from Samsung, and not a 3rd party contacts app, correct? If you're in the Edit screen, is there a "More" option at the bottom, as shown here? Galaxy S7 - How can I assign different ringtones to different contacts on my Samsung Galaxy S7?

What if you tap the More button instead of the Edit button at the upper right of the individual contact screen? What options do you get there?
    Hey I am able to set the default ringtone on mobile to any contact but the custom ringtone I made via an app, I am not able to set that on any contact.
    05-28-2018 02:35 PM
    Hey I am able to set the default ringtone on mobile to any contact but the custom ringtone I made via an app, I am not able to set that on any contact.
    If you have a Samsung phone on Oreo, see this thread: https://forums.androidcentral.com/sa...ml#post6225551
    05-29-2018 06:40 PM
    Ringtones have to be in a folder named Ringtones (upper-case-R). And restart the phone after you put it there.
    05-29-2018 09:41 PM