hi,
    just bought a budget lenovo p2 to replace my ageing iphone 4.
    love the picture quality and the phone in general.
    just a few niggles, maybe as android is more 'open' there's something i need to change.
    first issue is tethering the phone to my tomtom satnav.
    with the iphone once set up i never had to do anything ever again.
    currently with the lenovo i have it working fine but when i then leave my car and return later, i have to put on the phone and turn on the tethering again and then turn on the bluetooth tether part. is there a way to make this totally automatic? - i have the satnav as a trusted device.
    secondly is playing music via bluetooth.
    i can do that succesfully and without problem until today.
    i use either the google music app or vlc. suddenly today i find i can't skip tracks using my car's steering wheel controls even though the music is still playing fine over bluetooth. am i missing something obvious?
    thanks in advance.
    11-29-2017 02:01 PM
    Hi and welcome to Android Central. Is there any firmware update for the head unit on your car? If so, the dealership should be able to do the update free of charge.
    Guytronic likes this.
    11-29-2017 02:17 PM
    Hi and welcome to Android Central. Is there any firmware update for the head unit on your car? If so, the dealership should be able to do the update free of charge.

thanks.
    that's the curious thing, for the past few days i've been able to connect by bluetooth, play music and the forward/back controls worked just fine. it's simply that upon driving home from work today they haven't,
    i'm wondering if i have the wrong option selected when i connect the usb up i.e storage, media server etc - which i'm doing to charge the phone even though i'm playing over bluetooth.
    11-29-2017 04:19 PM
    thanks.
    that's the curious thing, for the past few days i've been able to connect by bluetooth, play music and the forward/back controls worked just fine. it's simply that upon driving home from work today they haven't,
    i'm wondering if i have the wrong option selected when i connect the usb up i.e storage, media server etc - which i'm doing to charge the phone even though i'm playing over bluetooth.
    Are you trying to play streaming music or locally stored music via Bluetooth?
    11-29-2017 04:27 PM
    music stored on the phone, using either vlc or the google play app. like i said, was fine up until this afternoon.
    11-29-2017 04:41 PM
    today all is working fine on the audio front. a mystery, here's to the issue not returning
    11-30-2017 02:49 PM