From the camera app, the phone just loads Google Photos app, doesn’t matter how much I tried to change the default gallery, if google Photos is not disabled, it will always be loaded.

I still wanna use google Photos, just don’t want that all the photos of all my family be exposed so easily like this, so the best option was to have another gallery to load as default on the camera app, isn’t it?
    11-30-2017 03:32 AM
    No, because photo display apps show all photos on the device, whether the app is Gallery, Photos or anything else. \either you see them with the photo display app or you don;t, it's not selectable by user. You could create a .nomedia file (the name starts with '.') in any folder you don't want people to see then, when you want to see them use a file manager, go to that folder and tap on the photo file.
    11-30-2017 11:36 AM
    Any photo viewing app will eventually show you all the photos in a folder/album and eventually the whole phone, if you press the right buttons.

If you are saying that when the camera app tells your viewer to show the latest picture the app shows the whole folder of thumbnails instead, then maybe you need a better photo viewing app.

I like "piktures" by Diune. It does properly shows the last picture taken when the camera app gives it that command.
    11-30-2017 07:31 PM
    Same problem here!
    The question with google Photos is that it shows not only what’s on the device, but everything that’s on the cloud...
    11-30-2017 08:36 PM
    Same problem here!
    The question with google Photos is that it shows not only what’s on the device, but everything that’s on the cloud...
    Welcome to the forums. You can select which images to see in Google Photos. If you only want to see only those ones saved on your phone open the side menu (hamburger icon top left or swipe in from the left edge) and select 'device folders'.
    11-30-2017 08:40 PM