Hi.
    I've had this Motorola phone for around three years, and there have been no problems until now.
    It became incredibly laggy and unresponsive most of the time and I attempted to reboot the phone, however, it won't go past the blue Motorola screen with the 'powered by android' thing. I went into recovery mode and wiped cache partition and it still wouldn't reboot (I left the original reboot for four hours) so I shut down my device.
    I'm not willing to do a factory reset as it is near Christmas and I might be getting a new phone anyway. I'm putting it down currently, to overheating and I'm going to leave my phone off overnight.
    If someone could leave me some advice below, it would be incredibly helpful.
    Thanks!
    11-30-2017 08:57 PM
    Welcome to Android Central! Which Motorola phone do you have? If it continues to hang at the Motorola logo despite wiping the cache, there may not be much else you can do besides the factory reset (which may not work either). What you're seeing can be due to corrupt firmware or failing hardware.
    11-30-2017 10:55 PM
    If you have an SD card in the phone, remove it and try turning it on again. Certain corruption in an SD card can cause the phone to go into an infinite loop, heating it up (and never getting past the initial screen).
    B. Diddy likes this.
    12-01-2017 11:35 AM