Can't receive MMS on my Moto X Pure

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

I have been having this problem forever. It is mostly a problem in group MMS with iPhone users. I have asked my friends to adjust the settings on their iPhones and tried other stuff. I'm not very phone savvy so none of this makes sense to me or seems like how phones should work. Everyone should be able to text everyone easily. I just tried the thing were you deregister iMessage from your number (I previously had an iPhone) and the message back when I submit the deregistration code that I am no registered with iMessage. So, that was basically my last fix. It has the most trouble with pictures, but really, it has trouble with everything. Thanks for any thoughts!

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Have each of your friends send you one iMessage with the SMS box checked. That will set their phones to "forget" that you used to be on iMessage.

Everyone should be able to text everyone easily.
You'd think. But Apple came up with iMessage, which isn't compatible with SMs, which is what everyone else uses, so it's not that simple. (If Apple would alow everyone else to use the iMessage protocol, the problem would be solved - but they won't.)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
steve1084