LG Stylo 3, Android 7.0, Straight Talk

A couple days ago, my phone stopped connecting to Windows 7/8 computers by USB for anything but charging. I have a Windows 7 laptop, a Windows 8 desktop, and multiple USB cables, all the same: it only charges, no more access to files from the PC, no more USB tethering (that setting is now greyed out). The familiar beep when you plug it in no longer plays.

Before, I used USB tethering frequently as my home internet connection.

I downloaded USB Driver for Android and found that I can't affect the "Select USB Configuration" setting. I open it, it's set to Media Transfer Protocol, and if I choose another option it will not actually change. I back out and it's still MTP. It appears that my USB Configuration is frozen.

I'm currently considering a factory reset, but I worry I've just burned-out the USB hardware on my phone. Thanks for any help you can offer.
    12-02-2017 03:58 PM
    Welcome to Android Central! When you connect via USB, swipe down the notification panel. Do you see a USB icon there? If so, tap it and make sure MTP is selected. Does that help?
    12-02-2017 05:24 PM
    No, the old swipe-down panel does not appear anymore.
    12-02-2017 05:53 PM
    Wait, there's no notification panel any more? That sounds like a significant bug. What happens when you swipe down from the top of the screen?
    12-02-2017 06:44 PM
    No that's still there, I mean the button to manage the USB connection no longer appears.
    12-02-2017 07:01 PM
    Does this also happen in Safe Mode? LG Stylo 3 LS777 - Safe mode - HardReset.info. If not, then something you installed is interfering -- you might have to uninstall apps one by one until the problem goes away.

If the problem persists, there might be something wrong with the phone's microUSB port. Make sure there's no debris in there, and that the contacts don't appear damaged. If everything looks good but the problem persists, you might have to consider a factory reset. If the problem still persists, then bring it to a repair shop (or contact LG for warranty repair, if it's still valid).
    12-02-2017 07:42 PM