I use the Outlook app on an Android Galaxy Note 8 phone . Until a couple of days ago, everything worked fine - whenever I received an email, I would correspondingly get a notification.

Now, I continue to receive emails correctly in Outlook. The notifications, however, typically arrive an hour and a quarter after the email is received. All other notifications are being received correctly.

I have uninstalled and reinstalled the app. Removed and readded accounts. Restarted. Excluded Outlook from battery optimisation. Not had any luck. Any help appreciated as this is hugely frustrating. I use this phone for work and need to know when emails have arrived at a glance.
    12-04-2017 10:15 AM
    Sounds like could be an app problem. Have you used another app to see if it still happens? Try the Gmail app as that's the one I'm sure to also have GCM priority notifications like Outlook app should've had.
    bensward likes this.
    12-04-2017 11:00 AM
    I am having the same issue on my Pixel XL. The problem started Saturday, December 2nd when Outlook updated. Receiving my work email in Gmail is fine, but Outlook is delayed an hour. I tried clearing Outlook cache and uninstalled and reinstalled.
    bensward likes this.
    12-04-2017 11:38 AM
    Check the settings in Outlook. If it's set to check for email every hour, and an email comes in just after it checks, it will be another hour before it checks again. Set it to 0 (or push, whichever that particular app calls it) and you should start getting the emails faster.

Even then, it's random whether the PC or the phone gets the email first (it can vary from email to email), but it should be within a couple of minutes at most times.
    12-04-2017 12:38 PM
    Thanks all.

ChanChan05 - The issue is only occurring in Outlook (as far as I can tell). Gmail works fine.

bslowley - I see Outlook was last updated for me on 2/12. Seems like that may be the cause then... hopefully they'll fix it soon.

Rukbat - it's not a sync issue. The emails are received at the correct time on the phone. The issue is purely to do with when the notification appears - a random point post when the email was received.
    12-04-2017 03:07 PM
    I'm having the same issues with my LG V30, only after the most recent Outlook update. I depend on timely notifications, I guess I'll have to find another app until this issue gets fixed.
    12-04-2017 03:28 PM
    I've sent support details of the issue. Not hopeful of a response. It also fails the "Test Push Notifications" troubleshooter and gives the error message: "Timed out waiting for a notification. Please make sure you have enabled notification for Outlook in the Android Settings."
    12-04-2017 03:34 PM
    I started having this issue today, I had a system security update today and started noticing these issues.

has anyone found a way to fix this yet?

I use the Outlook app on an Android Galaxy Note 8 phone . Until a couple of days ago, everything worked fine - whenever I received an email, I would correspondingly get a notification.

Now, I continue to receive emails correctly in Outlook. The notifications, however, typically arrive an hour and a quarter after the email is received. All other notifications are being received correctly.

I have uninstalled and reinstalled the app. Removed and readded accounts. Restarted. Excluded Outlook from battery optimisation. Not had any luck. Any help appreciated as this is hugely frustrating. I use this phone for work and need to know when emails have arrived at a glance.
    12-04-2017 07:04 PM
    The email is coming in, but the notification is coming in hours later. Its seems to only affect outlook app
    12-04-2017 10:45 PM
    Seems like we're all experiencing the same thing across a range of devices. Received a generic troubleshooting response from in-app support but will keep trying...

Is there a Microsoft Outlook for Android support forum? - cannot seem to find one.
    12-05-2017 02:18 AM
    I can't find a way to alter the polling interval, as @Rukbat suggests. Does anyone know where to find that setting, or whether it exists?
    12-05-2017 05:09 AM
    12-05-2017 09:02 AM
    It seemed to catch up now. I am no longer experiencing the delay
    12-05-2017 01:26 PM
    Same issue here. But some notifications I will receive Instant and others are 45 minutes to 2 hours delayed. Just began over the weekend having this issue. UPDATE: reading through the link provided above seems to be a known issue and MS is working on a fix
    12-05-2017 01:34 PM
    I am experiencing the same issue with a Google Pixel. I tried the test push notification button and received an error to contact technical support.

Once I contacted tech support I got a message that they are aware f the issue and working on the fix. They did not give a time frame of the update but hoped to have it out soon.

Hope this helps!
    12-05-2017 02:21 PM