Hi, as you could understand by my title, I'm locked out of my Samsung S6 Edge, i can't remember my password, the fingerprint is being accepted and i tried to get the password wrong for many times in a row but it won't give my the unlock with google account option. I was looking around and all i could find were people saying you have to factory reset it, I don't want to do that as I have a lot of stuff on the phone i don't want to let go of. I can't bring it to the samsung shop or anything like that as it was give to me by a bank as a gift, im not the "direct owner" and going to samsung would just creat problems, or any other place for that matter. What im trying to as is: Is there a way to remove/unlock the phone so to access it without removing the data on it?

Thanks, Greg!
    12-05-2017 05:25 AM
    Welcome to Android Central! If you received the phone as a gift, then you are the owner. Samsung doesn't care if you bought the phone from Verizon or won it at as part of a contest -- if you got the phone brand new and set it up, it's your phone. So give them a call. Or you could try using Find My Mobile to see if you can remotely reset the password: https://findmymobile.samsung.com/ Otherwise, there's no other way to use the phone besides doing a factory reset. Be aware that once it's reset, you'll have to enter your Google username and password, since the phone will consider it an unauthorized factory reset, which will trigger Factory Reset Protection. This means the phone will ask for the Google account and password associated with the phone prior to the reset. Hopefully you remember that! This is to discourage thieves from stealing a phone and making it their own by doing a simple factory reset.
    12-06-2017 02:11 AM