I've been having an issue with my Note 8 that no one has been able to explain. My phone will just switch over to the AT &T network operator instead of the T-Mobile operator and I"m unable to receive calls or data. I'm on my third sim card and T- Mobile switched phones for me. The mysterious part is my husband purchased, at the same time, a Galaxy 8 plus and has had no issues. Is there a difference in the antennas? T- Mobile sent a signal booster and it's operating at peak. The phone still switched to AT &T. I tried explaining the problem to Samsung but they were no help. Very Frustration Experience!

I've come to the conclusion that I need to return the Note 8 which is a shame because I really like this phone and have had Notes since they first came out.

Thank you for your time and assitance.
    12-05-2017 01:59 PM
    Welcome to Android Central! You got the Note8 directly from T-Mobile, correct? Just want to make sure you didn't get an unlocked AT&T version and plug a T-Mobile SIM into it.
    12-06-2017 12:38 AM
    Look on the box - if the model is N950A it's AT&T, if it's N950T, it's T-Mobile.

In either case, though, I'd back up anything important (see Backing up an Android Device if you need help with that), then have T-Mobile replace the phone again.

(You might want to restart in Safe Mode:

• Turn the device off.
    • Press and hold the Power key past the model name screen.
    • When "SAMSUNG" appears on the screen, release the Power key.
    • Immediately after releasing the Power key, press and hold the Volume down key.
    • Continue to hold the Volume down key until the device finishes restarting.
    • Safe mode will display in the bottom left corner of the screen.
    • Release the Volume down key when you see Safe Mode.
    first, to see if some app you have on the phone is causing the problem.)

And I know what you're feeling. I love my Note 3, but it's getting old, and I won't buy a phone I can't replace the battery in, so I'm going to be doing without a Note for my next phone.
    B. Diddy likes this.
    12-07-2017 03:45 PM