Help with Note 8 network reception issue, Please! I've run out of options!

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

I've been having an issue with my Note 8 that no one has been able to explain. My phone will just switch over to the AT &T network operator instead of the T-Mobile operator and I"m unable to receive calls or data. I'm on my third sim card and T- Mobile switched phones for me. The mysterious part is my husband purchased, at the same time, a Galaxy 8 plus and has had no issues. Is there a difference in the antennas? T- Mobile sent a signal booster and it's operating at peak. The phone still switched to AT &T. I tried explaining the problem to Samsung but they were no help. Very Frustration Experience!

I've come to the conclusion that I need to return the Note 8 which is a shame because I really like this phone and have had Notes since they first came out.

Thank you for your time and assitance.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! You got the Note8 directly from T-Mobile, correct? Just want to make sure you didn't get an unlocked AT&T version and plug a T-Mobile SIM into it.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Look on the box - if the model is N950A it's AT&T, if it's N950T, it's T-Mobile.

In either case, though, I'd back up anything important (see Backing up an Android Device if you need help with that), then have T-Mobile replace the phone again.

(You might want to restart in Safe Mode:
  • Turn the device off.
  • Press and hold the Power key past the model name screen.
  • When "SAMSUNG" appears on the screen, release the Power key.
  • Immediately after releasing the Power key, press and hold the Volume down key.
  • Continue to hold the Volume down key until the device finishes restarting.
  • Safe mode will display in the bottom left corner of the screen.
  • Release the Volume down key when you see Safe Mode.
first, to see if some app you have on the phone is causing the problem.)

And I know what you're feeling. I love my Note 3, but it's getting old, and I won't buy a phone I can't replace the battery in, so I'm going to be doing without a Note for my next phone. :(

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech