In my HTC U11 life I can format the SDcard as adoptable storage. If I do so and then set the storage in some apps (Here, Komoot, Spotify) to the external SDcard all works fine. But after a reboot of Android in all apps the storage settings are set back to internal storage or the storage isn't available. It looks like the SDcard isn't available fast enough after a reboot.

This problem I have with these SDcards: SanDisk extreme 128GB, SanDisk ultra 32GB, Samsung Evo+ 64GB. All Cards are new and formatted with Android.

The only card which works without any problem is an old 32Gb Trancent of unknown type. But this one is too small and slow for me.

Does anyone else had this problem too and solved it? Maybe with another working SDcard or a special setting or an app?

In the past I already had this problem with a One Plus X and a Moto G5. On these phones the card was formatted as internal storage. And after a reboot the icons of all SDcard installed apps were removed from home screens.
    12-05-2017 04:13 PM