So, I have my phone connected to the bluetooth in my 2014 Kia Soul. Now, by default, when I have spotify playing music and I'm using google maps, google maps will lower the volume of my music while the voice is telling my directions, and then raise the volume back to it's normal level. However, it appears that the volume of my music is now permanently set at that lower level. Google maps will still talk at the normal volume. If I put my cars volume at maximum the google maps voice will be insanely loud, but my music volume is only sort of loud. I'm not sure how to fix this. Yes, my media volume is set to max.
    12-05-2017 04:49 PM
    The phone is a Galaxy S7 Edge. Just realized I forgot to mention that rather important piece of info.
    12-05-2017 04:54 PM
    Go to Settings, Sounds, Volume, select Media and increase.
    12-05-2017 05:24 PM
    Nope. It's not that. The media volume is maxed. The issue is whatever sound dampening that google maps applies to my music when it talks has been permanently applied. Again, the media volume is maxed. Plus, spotify and google maps both operate on media sound. So it won't be an issue with the media volume setting.
    12-05-2017 06:06 PM
    In maps, Settings, Navigation Settings, select Voice Level. There are 3 settings and and though it sounds like a Spotify issue, I'd spend a minute to check this one too.
    12-05-2017 10:02 PM
    i have EXACTLY the same problem and couldnt fins a solution so far except turning volume up, after google maps told me something
    04-05-2018 07:49 AM
    Exact same issue but while using google music on Note 8. Didn't start for until upgrade to oreo
    07-03-2018 09:16 PM
    I'm having the same issue as well but it actually lowers my radio volume and when I turn the volume nob in my car instead of it showing my regular volume going up it shows voice guidance voulume. A work around I found was switching music sources and then switch back and you can then raise the volume of the music or radio again. But as soon as the navigation talks again it's stuck to only being able to adjust navigation voulume. Hopefully Google is aware of this and they fix it. I noticed I didn't run into this issue until I upgraded my pixel to Android 9
    10-18-2018 12:36 AM
    I'm having the same issue as well but it actually lowers my radio volume and when I turn the volume nob in my car instead of it showing my regular volume going up it shows voice guidance voulume. A work around I found was switching music sources and then switch back and you can then raise the volume of the music or radio again. But as soon as the navigation talks again it's stuck to only being able to adjust navigation voulume. Hopefully Google is aware of this and they fix it. I noticed I didn't run into this issue until I upgraded my pixel to Android 9
    I have a Pixel as well and same thing started happening to me as well when using Android Auto. Unfortunately haven't found a solution
    10-30-2018 05:15 PM
    I use Maps on a Pixel 2, and listen to media - but don't use Android Auto - and no such problems. If that gives you any clues.
    10-30-2018 08:13 PM