Why is my Straight Talk Samsung s6 so slow

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

Just got a Samsung galaxy s6 model number SM-S907VL (used of Craigslist) got the phone all set up and going. Everything works but all internet/Facebook/pandora is soo slow. I can't get pandora to even play a song with out it "buffering" every 10seconds. Please help I don't know what to do!!! Thank you in advance.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Are you actually using it on Straight Talk, or some other carrier? Does this happen on both mobile data and wi-fi? Are you getting 4G LTE signal, or only 3G?

Nibbs4

Dec 6, 2017
Visit site
I asked the question!! Yes it's a straight Talk phone on Straight Talk service. The phone shows LTE. Not 3G. When on wifi Facbook,pandora and the internet all work super fast. But still super slow when not in wifi. Samsung Galaxy S6 (SM-S907VL)

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
What kind of download speeds are you getting? You can find out by opening your Google app and entering "speed test", then selecting the first result -- this is a speed test that can be done right from the Google app.

Have you checked with Straight Talk to make sure you haven't used up your monthly data allotment? Perhaps they're throttling you because of that.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
And is this everywhere you go, or is it only slow in certain places? It's always possible for coverage in a specific area to be poor, so even if you're connecting via 4G, the speeds may be suboptimal.

Nibbs4

Dec 6, 2017
Visit site
It doesn't matter where I am. I live in Creswell Or. I tried it all over town and in Eugene Or. the plan is $45 unlimited plan it has up to 10g until they start to throttle. Signal strength is full in Eugene and all but one from full at my house.

Nibbs4

Dec 6, 2017
Visit site
My wife's IPhone 6 Plus is running at 4.25mbps and mine says .32 Mbps both numbers are for the download part of the test. Both are on straight talk services. Ok soo I think there is something wrong with the phone itself. It is intermittent with this issue now. It will work fast for a little while but if I'm walking around with it/moving it. It will go super slow. I'm thinking that is why the person was selling it. Idk honestly. I know nothing about Samsung phones or smartphones in general.

Last edited:

Nibbs4

Dec 6, 2017
Visit site
There is no ability to change the apn. I have talked with Straight Talk and they are no help. Going to get a new phone. Frustrating wish there could have been a conclusion to this. Thank you for your help and time!!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RemusGhostofRome