Battery life disappearing

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

Sorry I'm new to smartphone forums so go easy on me. I have a Galaxy S7 Edge on Verizon and at random times my battery life quite literally disappears. I'll be using it normally (wifi and bluetooth on, using half a dozen apps or so) and after about 30-45 minutes it will lose 40% battery or more. Sometimes if its just sitting there locked it will lose 10-15% in a matter of minutes. So if I start out at 50% after 30-45 minutes its down to 5%, I plug it in, and it will normally charge to 8-10%, then all of a sudden I look down after a few minutes and it magically has 30-40% again. Whats going on here? That only happened on my other phones when they got really cold, which isnt the case here. Any help is appreciated. using samsung cord and wall adapter. Thanks.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! The battery might be failing. Does the battery graph show that it essentially falls off a cliff? If so, that suggests a battery dendrite, which is unfortunately irreversible. Since the S7 edge doesn't have a user-removable battery, you'd have to bring it to a repair shop (or contact Samsung if it's still under warranty).