What happened to my fingerprint function on my LG G5 a f

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

A few days ago my fingerprint reader on my Verizon Unlocked LG G5 cell. Like others on this forum I too have noticed under settings the entire fingerprint option is missing. Did a factory reset and it still hasn't returned. I can't think of any updates or things that have changed since I set up my fingerprint other than I was recently a victim of a malicious virus on Facebook but I believe I had this issue long before I was hacked. If anyone knows how to fix this or what could have caused the whole function to dissappear I'd love to know anything on people's ideas or opinions. Thank you, Ronda Nessler Brunner

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
1. A factory "reset" doesn't restore the phone to the factory reset, it removes anything you've added since it came out of the box. If something's missing, a factory reset won't add it.

2. Bring it to a Verizon store and ask them for help. They may be aware of some problem and how to fix it.

3. You do still have a PIN or Password or pattern lock on the phone, right? The entire option in Settings shouldn't be gone if you, say, changed it to swipe or none, you just can't use fingerprint unlocking without some security option for the lock screen.

mustansir1988

Oct 26, 2018
Visit site
Hi
Try this solution
Power off your G6. Press down the volume up and down key while powering it back on. You'll enter another mode where it shows IMEI number etc. Power your G6 back on normally and you'll see the option reappear. It worked for me.

clintlalonde

Oct 30, 2018
Visit site
Same here. I have unlocked LG G5 and have been having problems with the fingerprint scanner intermittently working correctly. I wanted to go into settings and disable fingerprint scanning, but cannot find the option anywhere in the settings. Something has happened and that setting is gone from my phone.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Landers2