Android 5.1 tablet. Wouldn't open Google Drive - 'update required'
    Try to update - need to update Google play services. 'Insufficient space'.
    Need to release 34mb of space. Delete a couple of unwanted apps. Try again - now needs 66mb more! Do a tidy up removing files. Third try.

Update Google play services. 'insufficient space' but now it want a stupid 166mb more for a 44mb update . . . .

What's going on - I've trawled the net but haven't yet come across this problem reported: just what in the name of heaven is going on??
    12-08-2017 06:51 AM
    Android 5.1 tablet. Wouldn't open Google Drive - 'update required'
    Try to update - need to update Google play services. 'Insufficient space'.
    Need to release 34mb of space. Delete a couple of unwanted apps. Try again - now needs 66mb more! Do a tidy up removing files. Third try.

Update Google play services. 'insufficient space' but now it want a stupid 166mb more for a 44mb update . . . .

What's going on - I've trawled the net but haven't yet come across this problem reported: just what in the name of heaven is going on??
    Welcome to AndroidCentral 😃 Thanks for the question. This is one of the problems with Smartphones or Tablets with low internal storage space.

My first question would be, do you have a MicroSD card in your tablet? This is a easy way to free up a lot of space.

I would also suggest trying to delete the "Cache" of apps like YouTube, Browser (Internet), Instagram or other popular apps that you might use. This can temporarily free up some space.

This can be done by going into Settings -> Storage -> Apps -> select a specific app and click the 'clear cache' button. 😃

Hope this helps.
    12-08-2017 07:57 AM