My brand new Galaxy s8 plus in Otter box Defender will not wirelessly charge on 2017 Samsung wireless charger in any position but laying down.

Even then it is risky! Laying flat on the charger, it will sometimes just quit charging.

But it is in the upright position wether standing or on it's side it will not charge at all.

No case, no problem. In fact any case will work, but the Defender!

But I cannot trust the protection of this $850 phone to anything but the best!

Please help!
    12-08-2017 09:33 PM
    My brand new Galaxy s8 plus in Otter box Defender will not wirelessly charge on 2017 Samsung wireless charger in any position but laying down.

Even then it is risky! Laying flat on the charger, it will sometimes just quit charging.

But it is in the upright position wether standing or on it's side it will not charge at all.

No case, no problem. In fact any case will work, but the Defender!

But I cannot trust the protection of this $850 phone to anything but the best!

Please help!
    Welcome to AndroidCentral ๐Ÿ˜ƒ Thanks for the question.

Unfortunately, not all cases are thin enough or of the right material to allow for wireless charging. The phone and charger seem to be working fine because the phone did charge without a case.

My best suggestion would be purchase a different case that's a little thinner and allows for wireless charging. It's hard getting the right ballance between good protection but thin enough to allow for charging. ๐Ÿ˜ƒ
    Tim1954 likes this.
    12-08-2017 11:58 PM