Whenever I downloaded a random pic of Google, they would go into the downloads folder in the Gallery app and I could share it from there. I also know that they went into the download folder in My files.
    Now I've been trying to do the exact same thing but the pics aren't going into Gallery as they used to and though they go into My files when I click on them there I can't open them, it says file can't be found.
    The only thing different I did was to install an app lock and it seems to screw it up since. I have uninstalled this app, restarted the phone and still not working as it used to.
    I have a sd card and the images aren't in there either.
    I'm unsure of what's happened so please help me. Thanks
    12-09-2017 03:09 PM
    Ignore gallery and go to file manager... They would be in there
    12-09-2017 07:58 PM
    They don't "go into the downloads folder in the Gallery app" there are no folders in an app. Gallery shows all pictures in the phone - including the ones in the downloads folder. So do all other photo apps. It's the same downloads folder for all of them. There's a database that's created when you turn the phone on, that lists all the media files in the phone - music, videos, pictures... and media-type apps, like Gallery look in the database to show you what pictures you have. (If every app had to scan the entire phone every time you ran it, you'd spend a lot of time waiting for the app to open - every time you ran it.)

The problem is that downloading doesn't cause the phone to rebuild the database, so you can download 1,000 pictures but they won't show in Gallery - until the Media Scan runs. You can restart the phone, or you can force a rescan with an app like media.Re.Scan. Then you'll see the pictures in downloads. (Using a file manager will still show you the picture files, and tapping one will still bring up Gallery to display it, but media.Re.scan is easier.)
    02-14-2018 12:23 PM
    This only recently started happening with me as well. It was after an update on my phone. I have clicked on "my files" and then to downloads but they are not showing. I've looked in my gallery in the downloads folder where they use to always go and they aren't there. However, if I go to add an attachment and it asks me where I want to insert from, they are all there in the downloads. I have tried to look through everything to find them on my phone.
    02-23-2019 10:39 PM
    I downloaded that app and scanned everything and it still doesn't show
    02-23-2019 10:44 PM
    Welcome to Android Central! If you're using the Google app to download images, go to Settings>Apps, select the Google app, then Permissions, and make sure Storage permission is turned on. If it's turned off, then the Google app saves photos to a protected system directory, which can only be accessed by the Google app. If it's turned on, the images should download to the usual /Download directory.
    Gogona likes this.
    02-24-2019 01:49 AM
    This did not work for me. So odd.

Welcome to Android Central! If you're using the Google app to download images, go to Settings>Apps, select the Google app, then Permissions, and make sure Storage permission is turned on. If it's turned off, then the Google app saves photos to a protected system directory, which can only be accessed by the Google app. If it's turned on, the images should download to the usual /Download directory.
    08-05-2019 12:54 PM
    This did not work for me. So odd.
    Try resetting app preference, go in phone settings Apps>tap 3 dots upper right corner, s roll to reset app preference and test again
    08-05-2019 01:01 PM
    I think it is now working. Thanks.
    08-05-2019 01:04 PM
    I think it is now working. Thanks.
    Ok good.. Your welcome!
    08-05-2019 01:20 PM
    Thanks! I was loosing my mind Now it's working
    B. Diddy likes this.
    08-12-2019 11:56 PM