Why do I have callback numbers on texts?

Mr_Flintstone

Dec 10, 2017
Visit site
I just bought a new Galaxy S7 to replace my S5. When I receive texts now they all have callback numbers as the last line. I still have the same carrier, and my S5 didn't do this. Is there a way that I can turn this off, or another message app that I can use so that I don't have all the distracting blue CB#:_________ at the bottom?

djrakowski

Q&A Team
May 4, 2011
Visit site
Does this occur with everyone, or just certain contacts? If the latter, it could be that the other party has turned on a signature/callback feature in their SMS app. In that case, I suspect there’s nothing you can do about it aside from asking your contacts to shut off that feature. Otherwise, I agree with Dano1200r - you may need to contact your carrier.

djrakowski

Q&A Team
May 4, 2011
Visit site
You’re right... there’s no way to automatically send a callback number when texting from an iPhone (I just checked the settings on my 8 Plus). Having said that... I’m stumped. Are you using the stock Samsung messaging app?

Mr_Flintstone

Dec 10, 2017
Visit site
It's the stock app. Messages. It has to be some difference between the S5 and S7. I texted my wife right before I went in the store to get my new phone, and there was no CB#. When I started home, I texted her and there was a CB# when she replied.

Mr_Flintstone

Dec 10, 2017
Visit site
I went by the cellular store today, and the lady there told me that the problem was indeed caused by part of the carrier code, and it affected all of their Nougat phones, and there was nothing they could do in the store.

I really don't like this, and I wouldn't be opposed to a 3rd party message app if it would get rid of the CB#s. Does anyone know of such an app?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12