I can't delete the Google account from my LG phone.

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

I have an LG K4 with Android 6.0.1. I have my phone set for manual updates so every few months I log in to Playstore, check my apps and update as necessary. After updating I usually delete the Google account. However after updating some apps today I can't delete the Google account unless as I "do a factory reset". So I did. I backed my data, did the factory reset, went through the whole process of transferring the backed up data and now, once again I cannot remove the Google account unless I do a factory reset.
I used a root browser to get to Device.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Can you clarify -- are you saying that you normally use your phone without any Google account associated with it? And that you only add your Google account when you want to update apps?

daking0007

Dec 11, 2017
Visit site
I am experiencing the same issue. We are setting up clients with Samsung A5 and S7 phone. We use a generic account to customize their phone and usually we remove the google account at the end of the process. Since last week, it is asking to do a factory reset in order to remove the google account.

I don't have the issue on Nexus 6P, maybe because it is using profiles to setup accounts.

Could this be a new security feature? Is there any way to bypass this issue without rooting the device?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gkapidis