Hello, I know there are many posts on how to disable the voice assistant feature on Samsung Galaxy S7 but I have yet to find a solution for it NEVER turning on in my pocket again! It drives me absolutely nuts.

It occurs every couple of months where buttons get pressed, either in my pocket or in my bag, and the whole process starts all over again. Sometimes I forget about the 2 finger swipe and it takes me a few minutes to disable every time, sometimes in the most unpleasant of times! Please help!! I need to get rid of this demonic feature once and for all!
    12-12-2017 06:56 AM
    ROTFLMAO

I have no idea...I just know that a few years ago on some phone I had...cannot remember which one...I turned this "feature" on to see what it did and it was a complete nightmare trying to get it to turn off. I remember posting on the relative forum how to do so and warned people NOT to even try it as it was nearly impossible to stop. Good luck!
    12-12-2017 09:10 AM
    okay here is what I have discovered. First let me tell you is how annoying it is. It turns on when you depress the home key 3 times. you can also shut it off the same way.
    Or go to Settings>Accessibility> Direct Access> then turn Direct Access off or deselect Voice Assistant. I am Glad I will never have to hear that Infernal voice again!
    Laura Sutherland likes this.
    12-29-2017 11:47 AM
    ED ! ! !
    Thank you for (what seems like) saving my life. Or at least saving me from throwing a fit. Voice annoyant turned off 4EVAH
    06-20-2018 06:39 PM
    I've had the same issue and I'd like to add one further step to Ed's instruction (which was helpful Ed thanks) and that is, in addition to Disabling the Voice Assistant, also DISABLE the Voice Assistant SHORTCUT. This will prevent triggering it AGAIN by mistake via shortcut keys when the home button is (accidentally) hit 3 x times.

I almost threw my new Note 9 in the garbage today after two days. The Galaxy 7 did not have this issue. I lost 2 hours on sorting this matter out today. Samsung need to make this more difficult to turn on. Let's face it, you have to have a very particular purpose to use it in the first place and it would be a minority user group I would imagine. Grrrr...!!!!
    08-27-2018 10:47 PM
    @Ed Hurley

Thank You! Thank You! Thank You! Thank You! Thank You!

Direct access has been driving me crazy for years!! I finally had enough of it that I invested the time to permanently disable direct access and your post provided the answer.

Thank You! Thank You! Thank You! Thank You! Thank You!
    11-23-2018 09:25 AM