Multiple Text Notifications in Car

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

Hi all,

Hoping someone has a solution to a texting issue that's been driving me mad for years. I drive a 2016 Chevy Equinox - I had this issue previously with my Droid Turbo 2, and now currently with my Pixel XL. I have it setup so that when I get a text, it pops up on the vehicle screen with an option to read it to me over the car speakers. The problem is that when I get one text, it will give me multiple (usually two) notifications. This is especially maddening when my girlfriend multi-texts me - she sends four texts in a row, my car dings eight times!

Sometimes, it will pop up twice with the name of the person that texted me. Other times, the first notification will be from someone who texted me in the past, then the second notification is the correct person. Then there are still other times where I click the 'listen' button, and it reads me a text from years ago!

This is an issue that has plagued me across multiple phones and multiple apps. I've tried switching to different texting apps; made sure other messaging apps were either uninstalled or disabled; I've Google every combination of words I can think of without success. Has anyone had this issue before, and know how to save my sanity?!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12