I am looking to buy a nine or ten inch tablet that is a newer model that comes with Oreo. Is there anything on the market that is meets these requirements?
    12-13-2017 04:37 PM
    Welcome to Android Central! I don't believe there are any new tablets that come with Oreo out of the box right now. The only tablet for which Oreo is available as an update (that I'm aware of) is the Pixel C:

https://www.androidpit.com/android-o...phones-tablets
    https://theleaker.com/android-o-8-0-...le_Oreo_Update
    12-13-2017 11:58 PM
    I believe B. Diddy is correct, there is no current tablet shipping with Oreo and only the Pixel-C (which is a 2 year-old device) is the only tablet for which an Oreo update has rolled out.

That said - I have a Samsung Galaxy Tab S3, it's a nice device, shipped with Nougat and should get Oreo next year.
    B. Diddy likes this.
    12-14-2017 06:02 AM
    Any news? Just tried to find any tablet with Oreo but can't find any. My old ASUS Nexus 7 (2013) needs a new battery and 32GB is not really enough for all my media so either a 64Gb model or one with a micro-sd slot would be OK. I really want Oreo as Google have at last fixed the date problem which previously caused files to have their create/modify date/time overwritten when copied.

Can't believe I can't find any when even my Oneplus 5 has had Oreo for several weeks.

I know manufacturers say updates are coming but I only believe them when it happens. With Oreo being released in August 2017, six months have gone buy!
    02-16-2018 12:09 PM
    The problem is that the Android tablet market has been contracting for a while. There aren't many new tablets these days, and manufacturers usually only prepare system version upgrades for their flagship devices (and will only do so for about 18 months at the most). Tablets are not high on their priority list.
    02-16-2018 01:18 PM
    For what it's worth - my Tab S3 only last week received a "monthly" security patch beyond AUGUST, 2017 Yes, SIX MONTHS. That shows you the level of interest Samsung has in updating even its most expensive (flagship) tablet offering.

Sadly, Android tablets play second fiddle to the phones as they are a smaller market. The Tab S3 has been out for coming up on a year, it's likely to see Oreo and that'll probably be the end of the line.
    02-16-2018 01:29 PM
    The way things have been moving, it may make more sense to consider a Chrome OS 2-in-1 device that runs Android apps. A dedicated Chrome tablet isn't available yet, but Acer is rumored to be working on one.
    02-16-2018 02:28 PM
    I really want Oreo as Google have at last fixed the date problem which previously caused files to have their create/modify date/time overwritten when copied.
    That's not the bug at all. Copying is modifying the copy (you created one where there was none before) and it's also changing the creation date, so of course the last modified date will be the date you made the copy. It's possible (I haven't looked - my phone is busy downloading half the universe at the moment) whether some file manager has been "fixed" to maintain the created date/time of a copy, but that would annoy more of us than are now annoyed by leaving the date/time info alone. Most of us want to know when a copy was created. (If you want the date the original was created, make that part of the filename. I just backed up my Nova setup on an old phone, to load it into Nova on the new one - and the filename was 2018-02-16 ... <something>. No matter when I make a copy I'll still have the creation date.)

(Maybe we need a new directory structure with "creation date of original file", but dating copies at the time they're made goes back at least to the beginnings of Unix, 1969-1970.)
    02-16-2018 03:04 PM
    This might explain the problem that's been fixed https://forum.xda-developers.com/and...rrect-t2960935
    02-16-2018 05:28 PM