Internal storage on Moto G4 - please help!

flross

Dec 15, 2017
Visit site
I have a Moto G4 on Android 7.0 and my internal storage doesn't seem to be working. The problem started when I started getting a camera error, and through a process of elimination I think it's due to a problem with my internal storage. I am unable to download photos, take screenshots, view images on Whatsapp etc, but my apps all still work. When attached to a computer for file transfer, all I can view in explorer is the SD cards, nothing on internal memory.

I have now removed my SD card and can still use my apps but get the error message 'can't download because no internal storage is available. Please unmount it as a disk drive, and try again' when trying to download on Whatsapp. I still can't download photos or take screenshots but for some reason I have been able to download an app.

Any ideas what might be going on here? I have 1GB free space on my internal storage, and when I attach it to a computer without SD card inserted it says there are no files to show.

Any help would be much appreciated :)

Rinsun

Trusted Member
Oct 7, 2016
Visit site
Were you using the sd card as adaptable storage or external storage ? In case you had set the sd card as adaptable storage it would have become encrypted and if you remove it without formatting it as external storage you will not be able to access the data in it. Also sd card as adaptable storage may fail and cause problems.