I'm happy with my Nexus 5x but I know that Google will stop providing software updates in September 2018. I use Project Fi and they're offering a $150 trade in now if I upgrade to the Moto X4 - is it worth it?
    12-16-2017 08:10 PM
    That’s a matter of personal judgment, but I’m still happily using my Nexus 5 long after official support ended.
    12-17-2017 05:58 AM
    I would say yes, get rid of it as fast as possible.
    I upgraded mine to Oreo and Android File Transfer quit working, also my battery drains crazy fast, like 20% in an hour if I'm using the phone.
    I contacted google who referred me to LG, they basically said its a hardware problem send your phone in. This phone has already been repaired for boot loop once. I mentioned my screen is cracked and was told I'd have to pay $150 to fix the screen before they'd fix the phones supposed hardware issues for free.
    Funny thing is I HAD no hardware issues until this update. My 5x is was working fantastic until Oreo, now its laggy, drains battery and I can't even connect to my computer via AFT.

Fi is offering me $125 for the 5x and discounting the Moto so it'll end up being about $200. I've basically been forced to get rid of the 5x as I'm not going to wait and get nothing for it and still have to buy a new phone.
    Super disappointed with LG with the 5x.
    12-26-2017 01:21 PM