Hi, I'm using a Samsung Galaxy S7 and I'm wondering if I have a virus. I had accidentally clicked on an ad while reading something from a site while scrolling. When I clicked on the ad my phone emitted a buzzing noise then went to the "Downloading, do not turn off target" screen. My heart stopped. I panicked and shut off my phone anyway, hoping it would cancel the installation. Upon restarting my phone I downloaded every antivirus with good raiting, they said I was ok and had nothing. So, do I have a virus regardless, it was pretty weird considering it happened after I accidentally clicked a sketchy as.
    12-17-2017 11:28 AM
    Anti-virus software does little against adware. If you did download adware you may notice weird popups on your phone. Check downloads folder to see if anything downloaded. Clear phone cache. Clear browser cache. Look at your app drawer to see if there is anything there you didn't choose.
    12-17-2017 11:52 AM
    I suspect that the phone restarted in download mode due to a glitch that had nothing to do with what you clicked on. (Links you click on don't use download mode to install apps - that's for installing them from a USB connection.)

Don't run more than one antivirus program, though - some of them conflict with others. But you should also run Malwarebytes Anti-Malware, which gets some things that antivirus apps don't.

And don't click on ads - there's not one that's not going to try to sell you something you don't need and some of them will also install malware on your phone. If you need something, go to our shop (upper-right corner if you're using a browser), Amazon or eBay.
    12-17-2017 04:49 PM