Auto Deleted Calendar events more than a year old

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

A few weeks ago, my MAXX has started to delete calendar events that are more than one year old. How can this be stopped and how can I recover deleted events from the last three years?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Are these events saved to your Google account calendar, or the local Phone account calendar? Open your Google Calendar on your computer browser -- are the events still there? The mobile Google Calendar app typically syncs a finite number of events from your calendar in the cloud. For example, I use Calendar to set up my group's hospital call schedule. There are about 6 or 7 events each day. When I look on my mobile Calendar app, it only shows events as far back as 10/29/16, but if I look on the web, everything is there as far back as 2009.

Robo Al

Dec 19, 2017
Visit site
You're right, all my calendar events are in the Google Calendar web. That's great! Now I know I still have all these past events. Is there a way to restore these past events to my mobile calendar app? And, thanks a bunch!

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
On the phone, go to Settings>Accounts-Google, select your account, and make sure Calendar sync is turned on.

If you still don't see it in the Calendar app, then open the Calendar app's settings, select the calendar in question, and make sure the Sync switch is turned on.

Robo Al

Dec 19, 2017
Visit site
I have looked several times at my MAXX's Calendar app but the settings for the Calendar app says the Calendar app is "non-syncable." I will find a free calendar app and use it on my phone and, with Google Calendar now on my computer, I have my calendar on my computer also.

Thanks so much, again, for all your help!!! Take care!

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
The non-syncable calendar you're looking at is the "Phone account" calendar. This account doesn't sync anywhere -- it only stays locally on the phone. You might be able to back up the events onto your computer using a sync app (perhaps from Moto or Verizon), but that won't sync with your Google account. This is similar to contacts that are saved to the Phone account, and not your Google account -- those don't get synced to your Google account either.

But you should still be able to sync your Google Calendar to your stock Calendar app on the phone. Open your Calendar app, tap Menu>Settings, and show us a screenshot of what you see: http://forums.androidcentral.com/ge...ide-how-post-screenshots-android-central.html

BakerBobman

Feb 8, 2018
Visit site
I recently purchased the Google Pixel 2 phone. On this phone specifically, the past events, older than one year ago, don't show on my Google Calendar App. I can see these old events using Google Calendar App on my other phone and on the web on my computer.
What should I do to see the old events on my Pixel phone?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MickTavia