I use my Samsung Galaxy S7 for streaming Netflix, Youtube, and Hulu mostly. Whenever I wake my phone up from sleep, the streaming service becomes interrupted, disconnects, and then reconnects. Once I wake it up, I don't notice the interruption of service for about 60-90 seconds. Then both my phone's wifi and the chromecast on the TV show a connection error. After another 60 seconds, everything reconnects.

The weirdest part of all is that about 1/3 of the time the wifi signal in my house also goes down during this "waking up my phone" event.

I can confirm it's not just my home wifi connecting and reconnecting. Many other devices around the house do not experience any interruption of service under regular operation, but they do detect a loss of wifi when the event occurs.

Samsung Galaxy S7
    Android Version: 7.0
    12-18-2017 03:45 PM
    Welcome to Android Central! Try rebooting your router by unplugging its power for 10 seconds. If that doesn't work, then check your DHCP range to make sure it's wide enough to accommodate all of your devices (this can be found in the router settings, accessed via your computer browser -- see the router manual for instructions).
    12-19-2017 10:59 AM
    Also check the wifi settings in the phone. Menu/Advanced. Make sure that "Keep Wi-Fi on during sleep" is checked and "Auto network switch" is unchecked.
    12-20-2017 01:44 PM