I Can't Use Ok Google Very well

gorimapa

Dec 10, 2017
Visit site
My question has to do with the Ok google voice command on Android.
I don't know how to use it well. How do I give a command. Do I have to utter the word Ok google before issuing all command? when I do that I am put on the search box of Google.
Let me make it clearer: If I say Ok google open whatsapp, it opens it, but when I say ok google open turning point, which is a whatsapp group, I am put on the search box of Google. I hope you now understand the problem.
I know Ihave to say Ok google to get google to start listening to my commands.
Now Added to this, how do I use the command to select something to read: for instance, if I am on Gmail, and I want to read a message, how do I use the command to select a specific message, and then how do i get it to read that message.
This also applies to items on other apps.
I have the latest version of the google now launcher as well as voice access and Ok google app all installed. I've also done an audio history, that is a recording of my voice.
Thanks and best regards.

Last edited:

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: Why Can't I Use Ok Google Very well

Welcome to Android Central! You can use Ok Google commands to open an app, but you can't use them to do specific things within a 3rd party app.

As far as I know, there is no OK Google command to have it read your email -- this is probably because emails are more likely to be a lot longer than a text message. You can have Google read your last 5 text messages, though, by saying "Ok Google, show me my last messages."

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463