Worried about my 13 year old daughter-->> What surveillance & monitoring app could you recommend?

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

Worried about my 13 year old daughter-->> What surveillance & monitoring app could you recommend?

Hi there,

I am worried about my 13 year old daughter, who has a Nexus 5 (Android OS 6.0) as her first phone.

I feel the need to monitor her due to her vulnerability.

Could a fellow parent recommend an effective surveillance and monitoring app?

Thank You.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Re: Worried about my 13 year old daughter-->> What surveillance & monitoring app could you recommend

As far as finding out where she is, Android Device Manager - locate your phone will do it. As far as monitoring her calls and texts, you probably can't. (You might be able to check her call log if you can get the phone away from her (and don;t let her see what you're doing [or she'll start deleting the log].)

Dano1200r

Nov 26, 2017
Visit site
Re: Worried about my 13 year old daughter-->> What surveillance & monitoring app could you recommend

There are a few keystroke loggers and spy apps so you can see in real time what she's doing. Google it and do some research.

Kayza

Oct 7, 2016
Visit site

I'm going to be pretty blunt here. If you really are worried about your daughter's safety, perhaps you should seriously consider spending a few dollars. I'm not talking huge amounts, but it's hard to find really effective tools that are completely free, especially when you have such an old version of android.

Having said that, check out the Norton products. It's not going to give you a way to monitor all of your daughter's communications, but it will give you quite a bit if it works on this version of android. I don't know if the Android version is free (They have a freemium model.)

The other thing to realize is that even with the best tools you still need to engage with your daughter. Monitoring her use is only useful if it's part of a larger educational strategy.

darkie82

Jan 7, 2017
Visit site

I did google it, but I would to install a product actually used by someone, I mean a person who has experience using that product

Kayza

Oct 7, 2016
Visit site

I've used the product and find it very useful. I just don't know which pieces are free, as the android client was developed after I started paying for it.

It's fairly simple to set up and doesn't get too much in the way of actually using the phone as intended. But it does give you a fair amount of control and information about what your kid is doing. Not 100%, though.

I don't think there is anything that will give you 100% of what someone is using the phone for, unless you are looking are spyware type programs. And those are not free - and often have significant problems of their own.

Jay Sacks

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site

I have 3 daughters, 2 sons and my humble advice is to put the phones away and talk to them.

Kayza

Oct 7, 2016
Visit site

I have 3 daughters, 2 sons and my humble advice is to put the phones away and talk to them.

What a concept!

Seriously speaking, though, you're right about talking to the girl. That's really step one, whether or not you put the phone away. To the original poster, I'll point out that if you don't have communications with your child, it doesn't matter what you put on her phone - she'll go her own way and possibly get into trouble if she really wants to.

AltheaJimnez

Dec 11, 2017
Visit site

I would recommend you to use Xnspy. I am using this monitoring app for tracking and monitoring my own daughters. I must say I am happy with the results. Since your daughter has Nexus 5, the Android version of Xnspy will work for you. You will be tracking her location, monitor her text messages and phone logs and even the IM chats. Xnspy has helped me ensure my daughter does not hang out with wrong people after school. I also make sure that her social media activities are safe. I think this app is a total package for parents who want to ensure the safety of their kids.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site

Just be sure that the phone (hers) is on your account. If you gave her her own account, spying on the phone is illegal in most civilized countries. Whether it's your daughter or a business rival, it's legally the same thing. Spying on your own phone (which it is if it's on your account), even if your child is using it, is perfectly legal.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
catherinediane