This is the strangest thing I've ever experienced in six years of owning Android phones. I've had devices from nearly every big manufacturer and even with all of that never have I experienced something like this. The other day I purchased an LG K8V on Verizon's prepaid network. It's a nice device, but I've since noticed one little quirk with it. Sometimes it won't wake up when I press the power button. I tried for a day to figure out the reason for this, but I finally rooted it down to one main culprit.

The screen won't wake up when the phone is face down.

Waking your phone up when face down might seem strange, but it's a habit of mine.
    I sometimes have the phone face down and then press the rear button to wake it up and then lift it, but I've ran into a bit of an issue with this phone. This...is strange. Is it a feature? A defect in the device somehow? If I press the button again shortly after the first time it will wake up, but if it's face down the first press never works to wake the phone up. It works the first time every other time.
    12-20-2017 08:18 AM
    Welcome to Android Central! What if you turn off the Silence Incoming Calls option in the Gestures menu (if present)?
    12-20-2017 10:10 AM