How can u check if your sd card is formated correct

AJsaker

Dec 20, 2017
Visit site
I added a 16 gig micro SD chip into my Alcatel a30 tablet and upon doing so the operating system which is nougat asked me to if I wanted to format as internal memory I clicked okay agreed to do that when I rebooted the system however it's still showing up as no SD card installed and my hard drive space is still the same at 16 gigabytes. I believe that there should be noticeable change from 16 to 32 seeing as the internal storage that I added was 16 gigabytes. Also I'm curious to know if there's a way to remove that SD card from a system and have it put in from internal to external device. if I removed it put it into a card reader went onto a computer and then formatted it as a FAT32 with that be all I need ? I go into settings I go to storage and USB and there is no icon no name nothing no sign of my SD card in the settings. I thought that maybe it wasn't actually formatted properly but I can't use it took it out of the laptop out of the tablet and I can't use it on anything else and it doesn't work or it isn't recognized on my tablet anybody could respond and clarify this for me it would be appreciated.

Last edited:

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
format as internal memory I clicked okay agreed to do that when I rebooted the system however it's still showing up as no SD card installed
You have no logical SD card - that space is now included as internal storage. If you want to use the card as portable storage, say No to the "internal memory" question.

Also I'm curious to know if there's a way to remove that SD card from a system and have it put in from internal to external device.
That would be formatting it as portable storage (or as not internal storage).

if I removed it put it into a card reader went onto a computer and then formatted it as a FAT32 with that be all I need ?
You should also be able to format it in the tablet from Recovery. Either way will work.

took it out of the laptop out of the tablet and I can't use it on anything else and it doesn't work or it isn't recognized on my tablet
It should show as additional storage, but different manufacturers do that differently. (Samsung doesn't even give you the choice - it's formatted as portable storage whether you like it or not.)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuckm