I want to dump obvious spam email which I can do on some emails when I access the email and go to settings where I have an option in the list. However on others which are coming from annoying advertising places do not display this option in the settings menu, any thoughts would be appreciated?
    Cheers,

Rob
    12-20-2017 11:31 PM
    Samsung Galaxy S7 edge

Which version of android?
    Which carrier?
    Which email app?
    Which email provider?
    Which email protocol (pop3, imap, exchange)?
    12-20-2017 11:41 PM
    At a guess, the ones you can't mark as spam are already marked as spam. Go to GMail with a browser (I assume you're talking about a gmail account) so you can see what's actually marked what. Sometimes it's not so easy to tell on an app on the phone.

(And you can set up filters to either mark certain emails as spam or just have them deleted.)
    12-21-2017 11:07 PM
    Thanks for the replies. This issue does not happen on Gmail only on IMAP or POP3 email. I'm on Android ver7; carrier is O2 UK: using stock email app; Email providers where problem occurs are - 123-reg on my own domain and Force 9.
    Rukbat - you may have a point on the already marked as junk/spam comment as this is certainly true of the force9 email, which I have marked as junk on webmail for this email address. However this makes no sense as I don't see why these junk emails should appear on my S7 edge if marked as junk on web.
    12-22-2017 10:11 PM