My internal storage is full.

My formatted SD Card has 50 GB of free space, but I can't move data across from internal to SD card, or
    download apps'

The SD card is the default write disk.
    12-22-2017 04:57 AM
    Welcome to Android Central! The SD card is used primarily for storage of media files and documents. You can't install apps directly to the SD card -- apps have to download and install to Internal Storage first. The "Move to SD" feature for apps (in the Settings>Apps menu) is not supported on all devices -- if you don't see that button for any app, then your phone doesn't support it. Move to SD only moves a portion of an app to the SD card anyway, so it doesn't necessarily free up a lot of space.

Making the SD card the default storage is typically for where an app will save files to (e.g., where the Camera app saves photos by default), or where it will save data it creates to.

If you have a lot of media files (video, photos, music) and documents, then use a file manager app (or Windows Explorer) to copy those files to the SD card. Once you're certain the files were copied successfully, then you can delete the files on Internal Storage. That might clear up a decent amount of space.
    12-22-2017 11:54 PM