Gmail App not syncing reply message on Samsung Galaxy s7

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

I can't figure out if this is a Samsung issue or a mail issue. For some reason, suddenly, my phone will not show reply messages in my gmail app. So if someone sends me a new email, I get it. If I reply, or they reply, I don't see it in my Gmail app. Can't find anything online on how to resolve this. Thoughts???

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Just to clarify -- you're saying that if you're using the Gmail app and you reply to an email, you don't see that reply in the conversation thread? If the other person sends another response, you still don't see your original reply in the thread?

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Make sure that the email account on your phone is the same one in the email program on your computer. If they're running different email addresses, you won't see anything sent from one on the other. (Also make sure that your email account is set to IMAP, not POP3, and that both the phone and the computer also have it as an IMAP email account.)

(And, in the phone, that's not Accounts/Google, it's Accounts/Gmail or Accounts/<whatever email app you're using).

evabakerphoto

Dec 23, 2017
Visit site
I went to check the accounts and under Google>Gmail it hasn't synced since 11/22. When I click it to sync if just runs and runs. Gmail is not listed separately under Accounts, is it supposed to? When I try to add it as an IMAP account it says the email is already in use.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Is everything else in the Settings>Accounts-Google menu syncing correctly? You may want to try removing your Google account, then adding it back again.

evabakerphoto

Dec 23, 2017
Visit site
Under the Accounts>Google menu the Sync Gmail icon just turns and turns and seems that it hasn't synced in a while. Definitely the issue. However, when I go to remove the Google account it says the only way to do it is by resetting the phone to factory defaults. UGH. Any work-around??