Powerbank output

Barrylrx5

Dec 23, 2017
Visit site
I have a small 2200mAh 5V/1A powerbank and I would like to know if it would work if I connected it to a wall clock that uses 1 x aaa battery 1.3V. The wall clock uses way to much batteries and would be convenient to use my old powerbank to power it.. but will the powerbank give to much power and break it? Or will it actually work? Im planning on using an old micro USB cable and using the red and black wires inside.

hallux

Q&A Team
Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
I would not advise doing this. At best it just won't work, at worst you end up with a spectacular failure of the powerbank and a call to the fire department.

Scare tactics aside - some devices simply won't trigger a powerbank to provide power. A fitbit actually comes to mind here. The clock is not set up to properly negotiate charge rates with the powerbank and may not allow the bank to provide power long-term, if at all.

Barrylrx5

Dec 23, 2017
Visit site
I would not advise doing this. At best it just won't work, at worst you end up with a spectacular failure of the powerbank and a call to the fire department.

Scare tactics aside - some devices simply won't trigger a powerbank to provide power. A fitbit actually comes to mind here. The clock is not set up to properly negotiate charge rates with the powerbank and may not allow the bank to provide power long-term, if at all.

Thank you. Makes sense what you are saying

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech