Why can't I download the music app on my Samsung galaxy j3 2016?

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

It used to work a few weeks ago and now it says my device is incompatible with the app. The Samsung music app requires 5.0+ android and my current android is 5.1.1.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Are you saying the Samsung Music app wasn't preinstalled on your phone? Which music app came preinstalled with your phone -- Google Play Music?

Noukhaa

Jun 15, 2018
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Are you saying the Samsung Music app wasn't preinstalled on your phone? Which music app came preinstalled with your phone -- Google Play Music?

Hi yes im not the preson you replied to but i have the same problem. My phone has android 5.1.1 and samsung music only allows samsung 5.0 and higher. Google play music is preinstalled but i find it so hard to work with since i cant change song covers and titles.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Ok, are you trying to install the Samsung Music app from the Play Store, Samsung's Galaxy Apps Store, or somewhere else? If an app requires a certain Android version or higher, it still doesn't mean the app will be compatible with the device -- there may be other reasons for the incompatibility.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon